Before purchasing your licence online...
Hunting Regulations, Licence Eligibility and Requirements
- Anglers and hunters should know the regulations for the area where you plan to fish or hunt.
- Anglers should check age and other requirements for Alberta sportfishing licences.
- Hunters should check their eligibility to hold Alberta hunting licences.
Review the current copy of either the Alberta Guide to Hunting Regulations and/or the Alberta Guide to
Sportfishing Regulations at:
Do You Have Your WIN Card?
If you don’t already have your 10-digit Wildlife Identification Number (WIN) you can apply for one either online or in person.
- Apply Online - visit the AlbertaRELM website at:
- Apply in-person - print and complete the application below, and turn it in at any Private Licence Issuer in Alberta.
To find a Private Licence Issuer near you, visit the AlbertaRELM site at:
You will receive immediate notification of your WIN once you complete your application. Your plastic WIN card will be mailed
to you in approximately four weeks.
You can also renew or update your WIN Card online.
Buying your licence online
Alberta recreational hunting and sportfishing licences can be purchased online 24 hours a day, year round.
Buying a Fishing Licence Online
Applying for a Special Walleye Licence Draw
Not applying for a Special Walleye Licence Draw
Buying a Hunting Licence Online
Applying for a hunting draw
Not applying for a hunting draw
In addition to applying for your WIN or purchasing your hunting or fishing licence online, you can also use AlbertaRELM
- buy bow hunting and other special hunting permits
- get Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) test results for your harvested deer head submissions
- reprint your lost or destroyed licence purchased online
- view draw applications, draw results, draw priorities and licence history for the last 5 years
If you need assistance purchasing your licences online, contact the RELM Help Desk:
- Toll-free in North America: 1-888-944-5494
Updated: Aug 22, 2014